Sign Contractors

Sign contractors are primarily used by businesses to have signs fabricated and installed on a post or pole, or attached to a structure. In many cases, a sign installation will also involve electrical wiring if the sign is to be lit or has moving parts. Since much of the work is done from an elevated position, sign contractors have significant exposure to on-the-job injuries. When erecting a sign, the sign contractor will typically use a truck with an attached boom so that the sign can be placed on a pole or structure, and then wired for service. This equipment use presents the risk of bodily injury and property damage to third parties. The experts at Fairbanks Insurance Brokers offer a comprehensive package of coverages to provide your business with the protection it needs.

Here is What We Recommend:

General Liability

Things can go wrong at the job site. Why put your business at risk from an accident when you can transfer the risk to an insurance company? Contractors General Liability provides coverage for liability, property damage, products/completed operations, and will pay for defense costs if an action is brought against you.

Workers' Comp

When a sign contractor applies for a license in their state, the licensing authority will require workers’ compensation coverage to protect you and your employees in the event that you are injured on the job. The coverage also covers for lost wages if you are forced to stay home from work because of a covered injury or illness.

Surety Bonds

Sign contractors will typically be required to provide a surety bond that serves as a financial guarantee in case the terms of the project agreement aren’t fulfilled by the contractor.

Commercial Auto

Sign contractors rely on trucks and attached equipment to transport a sign to the job site and lift it into position. Your commercial auto policy will provide coverage for liability and physical damage for your work vehicles and any attached equipment.

Tool Coverage

A sign contractor’s tools and equipment are extremely necessary to complete a project properly and on-time. Tools and equipment are subject to damage and theft and should be insured under an Inland Marine policy so that repair or replacement costs can be reimbursed to the contractor.


Please complete all fields

    Your Name *

    Email *

    Phone Number *

    Contractors License Number *

    Coverage Type *