help desk software

Contractors Insurance in Nebraska

In the state of Nebraska, builders, plumbers, renovators, and HVAC contractors are not required to be licensed, but they are required to register their business if the contract exceeds $2,500.00. Electricians must be licensed with the Nebraska State Electrical Division. Counties with populations of 100,000 or more require a business license.

Contractors in Nebraska, including subcontractors and specialty contractors who plan to work on projects in Nebraska, as well as out-of-state companies, are required to register their business with the Nebraska Department of Labor. Getting registered is quick and easy and only takes minutes. Contractors can also get their registration number online.

Nebraska’s workers’ compensation requirements are very clear. Every employer with one or more employees (including part-time workers, seasonal workers, and minors) must have workers’ compensation insurance. Business who do not comply are subject to significant penalties.

Protect Your Business with Contractors Insurance from Fairbanks Insurance

Contractors operating in Nebraska are continually exposed to risks everyday while they operate their business. The most affordable way to protect you, your business, and your employees is to have a commercial insurance package that will financially protect you when the inevitable happens.

Here is What We Recommend:

General Liability

As the foundational coverage in your commercial insurance package, your general liability policy will provide the coverage you need for everyday risks such as:

  • Third-party bodily injury liability
  • Third-party property damage liability
  • Products Completed Operation
  • Personal Injury (libel, slander, and copyright infringement)
  • Defense costs

Workers' Comp

The state of Nebraska labor board requires all contractors (unless specifically excluded) to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This coverage will pay an employee’s medical expenses and lost wages if he or she is injured or becomes ill because of work-related activities.

Commercial Auto

It’s important to understand that personal auto insurance typically excludes any claim that is business related. This means that your business can be exposed to substantial financial risk in the event of an at-fault accident. Having a commercial auto policy provides your business with higher liability limits and will cover practically any type of vehicle or trailer with no limit on the number of units or drivers.

Tool Coverage

Your tools and equipment that are used at the jobsite are important to you and can be very expensive to repair or replace. Having “inland marine insurance” transfers the risk of damage or stolen tools and equipment to a highly-rated insurance company at an affordable price. Your coverage will provide coverage while tools and equipment are in storage, in transit, or at the jobsite.

Surety Bonds

Your surety bonds will become a very important part of your commercial insurance package. Although bonds are not technically insurance products, they are a promise to pay to your customers and licensing board. Fairbanks Insurance Brokers can supply virtually any type of bond your business will need at very affordable rates.

Fairbanks Insurance Brokers is a leader in providing contractors insurance and is dedicated to providing Contractors and Builders the finest insurance protection at the lowest rates throughout the construction community.

With savings up to 65% on General Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Commercial Auto and Bonds, you can count on us to do the heavy lifting and provide you the most competitive quote that includes all the discounts for which you qualify.


Please complete all fields

Your Name *
Your Email *
Your Phone *
Contractors License Number *
Coverage Type